I’ve recently tried three different products from Cantu’s Shea Butter Line of products. I’ve tried:
• Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
• Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
• Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Define & Shine Custard
I’ve read some good things about the products and decided to go for it, especially since the price is extremely reasonable. I bought these particular products specifically to try for my wash-n-go. Since this is my first post on a product review I decided I will use the products at least three times before committing to an opinion. Now here goes!
Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
• I found this shampoo to be very effective for cleansing my hair without completely stripping my hair of moisture. Typically I co wash, and because I suffer from dry scalp, dandruff. I usually pre-poo my hair when I do decided to use shampoo because I use medicated shampoo to help with the dandruff and to rid my scalp of product build up. The scent was awesome, but the shampoo did sting my eyes a bit. I can’t really form an opinion for how well it would normally rid the hair of regular build up on the scalp because my situation is a bit different, but for over all cleansing of the hair it does its job. Definitely a great choice for proper cleansing without drying out your hair.
Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
• As soon as I put this product in my hair I saw definition in my curls. I found that I got the best results when I sectioned my hair and used a paddle brush to help distribute the product evenly. My first attempt I used both this and the ‘define and shine’ custard. After sealing my hair with oil, I sectioned and applied the activator and after, I took a small amount of the custard and scrunched it into my hair. With this routine I found that although my curls had more definition there was more frizz opposed to the 2nd and 3rd use, where I increased the define and shine custard amount. Since I don’t mind a little frizz for my wash-n-go’s this product is a great buy for me. With and without the custard I saw definition so it’s a great choice for defining your curls with light hold.
Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Define & Shine Custard
• First off the scent (with this and the other 2 products) is awesome, very pleasant and fruity. The texture of this product was thick, gooey, and slimy etc. just a heads up. But despite the texture, the product definitely does what it said it will, it adds shine and definition. The hold this product provides is amazing. Be careful not to use too much of it though, my 3rd time using it, I used more of this than I did the activator and when my hair dried the shrinkage was oh so real and my curls were crunchy, so don’t overdo it. All in all I love this stuff definitely a great alternative to the pricier product I was previously using. Two thumbs up for this one.